Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Update, Retreat, and Haul

Welcome everyone! It has been two weeks since I posted and so glad to be back to share some goodies with you.

I attended a retreat this past weekend and had a fabulous time. The retreat was held at Lake Cumberland and has been for the past 8 years and this was my second year attending. There was a group of 14 and it was so nice to sit and stitch, laugh, eat, and just have a relaxing weekend shared with other stitchers. We stayed at Pumpkin Creek Lodge, a cute smaller lodge separate from the main lodge. We had a large sitting area room with a fireplace, our stitching room, and a kitchen. The view from the balconies was of a marina with boats docked. It was even prettier at night all lit up. The weather was fantastic and we were able to open the window in the stitching room and have a nice breeze blowing through.

We ate at the main lodge restaurant a few times but went to Giovanni's pizza for lunch on Friday and then on Saturday afternoon we had a great treat by going to a place called Betty's. The food was amazing and the service was great. Our server really made our experience an enjoyable one but the food was some of the best southern cooking I have had in a while. Just a small taste of what was on the hot bar: Stuffed green peppers, salmon, fried catfish, meatloaf, mashed potatoes, carrots, corn, green beans, and the most fabulous looking desserts. We ate until we couldn't eat anymore and took dessert back to the lodge for later. There might also have been a couple of stops at a fudge place for goodies as well.


This is the Pumpkin Creek Lodge and the room to the left was our stitching room.




This is a picture of the main room as you go into the lodge.





I worked almost the entire time on 272 Words in hopes of finishing it, however, I ran out of one color and had to stop on Saturday afternoon. I only have a portion of the border to go and here is what it looks like now.



I worked on a Shepherds Bush stocking on Saturday evening but I failed to take a picture to post here.


I wanted to share a pic of my friend Denita with the project she was working on. The Rain Queen by Mirabilia and it is gorgeous. She was finished with the stitching and beaded on it during the retreat.



Nessie, the retreat organizer had some fabulous prizes that she gave away and I was lucky enough to win one. Isn't this basket fantastic?




I had requested the first two patters from Katrina at Crossed Threads to get at the Nashville Market so she had these for me at the retreat. Take a few minutes and check out Katrina's site, if you don't see what you are looking for, she can order for you. She also does many retreats throughout the year and they are all listed on the site as well. Not to mention she drives the Thread Box-a fabulous van that has specialty thread hanging on the walls. They are great fun and I would love to see you at one!

Peace by AuryTM, this is the third in the series. Joy and Faith are the other two and I have those started and just needed this to complete the trio.



Let Freedom Ring by Lila's Studio Isn't this fabulous! It will go perfect on my patriotic wall.



I tried hard not to look at all the goodies at the retreat as I planned on purchasing only those two patterns but my friend Denita came across this one and I had to have it.



I hope you are all having great fun stitching away this week and hopefully I will have a finish to show you next time!



4 comments:

  1. Laura, it sounds like you had a fabulous weekend retreating. It is always a treat to spend a weekend stitching with like-minded people. It won't be long before you are finished with 272 Words. Go Laura! What a cute basket you won!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great time Robin! I was in love with that basket and so glad it was still available when I was able to choose my prize.

      Delete
  2. I am very glad you had a good time; it sounds like it was a lot of fun. I look forward to seeing your 272 Words completed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what fun! So glad you had a great time. I really want to attend one in the future. :)

    ReplyDelete