Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Weekly Stitching and Haul

I was able to stitch more than usual this past week and I got quite a few stitches in on several projects.

I am getting closer to a page finish on Henry but confetti is starting so it is a little slower now.

Henry VIII-Heaven and Earth Designs



Needles and Pins-Theron Traditions



I started this one a good while ago and haven't worked on it in quite some time. I have to rip out the blue line, as it is supposed to be red and will do that this week. I finished Mississipi and Illinois and the portion of the red line above those.

One Nation-Bygone Stitches



I started a couple of new things.

I love the Wizard of Oz and this pattern was in a magazine, the Cross Stitcher issue 281.





I also started Fire and Ice. I have had this pattern for several years and it will be a gift for my husband. I have the companion piece called Golden Ice but haven't started it yet.





I am trying hard not to purchase anything right now. I will be having a total knee replacement on October 31 and will be off work for about 12 weeks so I need to not make any purchases.

However, I have wanted one of these lap/table stands since I saw it and since my birthday is coming up, I got one. They are made by Michael Hope and his wife Bonnie is on several facebook groups that I am a member of and that is where I saw it. I can't sing its praises enough as it is fantastic and the best gadget I have purchased in quite some time.



I hope you all have a great stitch week!

3 comments:

  1. Good progress on your WIPs as well as your new starts! I am interested in your new lap stand. How do you attach your frame?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robin-the arms that come down have little pegs at the end. You just sit your frame or qsnap there on those pegs. It comes with two different sizes of arms as well. Those pieces that hold the arms also adjust so you can use a small frame or qsnap too.

      Delete
  2. You are making great progress on all your projects. Love the frame. Praying that your surgery goes perfectly and that you heal quickly. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete