Monday, March 19, 2018

Weekly Stitching and Haul

Good Morning! It looks like rain here today and according to the weather, rain is in our forecast for the next two weeks. But that means spring!

Early Americans-Little House Needleworks

I didn't stitch on this as much as I had hoped to because I started a new project.





I had been looking for the Queene Besse Chess Board by Leon Conrad and did not find it, so I purchased another one that I really liked. I love blackwork and this project was so much fun to stitch on.

ChessBoard-Blackwork Journey

I am stitching this on Galen 28 count linen by Under the Sea Fabrics. It was the February Fabric of the Month. I am using DMC Perle #12 in 310 for the stitched border and regular DMC 310 for the blackwork inside each square. It also called for a metallic of some kind to be added in some blocks and I have purchased a rust colored petite treasure braid to use.


It will look like this when finished.




Haul

I am so excited that I was able to find Medieval Majesty by Leon Conrad. I paid more for it than I normally would a pattern, but it is a very nice 50 page book with very detailed instructions for each section. I can't wait to get started on this but will be a little bit as I decide on fabric.



I hope you all have a great week filled with lots of stitches!

3 comments:

  1. Patrick Henry is coming along. Your new start is looking good as well. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog was absolutely fantastic!
    Great deal of great information & this can be useful some or maybe the other way.
    Keep updating your blog,anticipating to get more detailed contents.
    ดูหนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete