Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Weekly Stitching

Happy New Year! I hope everyone had a great holiday and that you are all ready for a great new year. Did you start something new on the 1st? I would love to hear what you worked on.

The last time I showed you 272 Words, it looked like this.


I was able to get quite a bit done on this over the past week.



I started a new project on January 1. Save the Stitches by Blackwork Journey. The pattern is a freebie and I have had the fabric and thread for quite awhile but I was a bit intimidated on starting it. I have never done blackwork before and some of the designs are quite intricate, however, I am really enjoying this piece. I changed the thread color and I am using Blackberry by Weeks Dye Works. The pattern does call for some metallic colors but I am not sure I will use any of them.



On January 2, I decided to pull out a wip to work on as I am going to try very hard this year to get many wips finished. I had the wording already stitched-I started this piece in August 2016. I stitched the flags yesterday. This one is called Patriotic Quilt by Rosewood Manor.



I hope you all have a great stitchy week!



2 comments:

  1. Super progress on 272 Words and good for you on pulling out a WIP and adding more stitches to it. Your January 1st start looks good. I started a small Quaker elephant piece on Jan. 1st. I would love to get it finished either today or tomorrow. Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year Robin! That is great to have a finish so quickly in the new year.

      Delete