Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Prayers for Gatlinburg

I am sure many of you have seen the news about the fires that have now burned about 500 acres in the Smokey Mountain National Park. I have been to this area many times and and am deeply saddened by this. Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge, while a major tourist attraction, is still a place that I find full of peace and tranquility. You can go shop and explore and take part in a plethora of activities, yet the spirit of the mountains just sinks into your bones and fills up your soul and puts a stamp on you that you can't forget or give up. That spirit just seems to draw you back to the area so that you can once again become refreshed and renewed by its offerings. For me, it is a place that I really feel God and the beauty that He brought forth in His creation. Please join me in praying for the area and the people as the fire is not completely out and there are so many that have lost everything.



1 comment:

  1. While I have never been, I have seen awesome pictures of the area from friends. I will join you in prayer for TN.

    ReplyDelete