Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Crafts

I know that many people are just crafty in general and they will do other things besides just cross stitch. I often think I would like to learn to knit and crochet but I am not sure I can take time away from my cross stitch to do another craft. I have so much that I am stitching on or want to stitch one day and there just isn't enough time for it all.


Oh, and have you seen tuffets? I am in love with these and want to take a class. There is a quilt shop about an hour from me but the class is expensive at $225 so I have resisted so far due to the price. But aren't these just gorgeous!!





I did take a beginning quilt class a few years ago and I can piece together very basic squares. I think that I would develop my talent with quilting pretty easily if I just devoted some time to it.


I am a member of a couple of facebook groups that focus on quilting and I joined a couple of exchanges in the last year or two. I joined a signature quilt exchange where everyone did squares and put their name and location in the middle of the square. I have not yet put all the squares together to make my top but the fabrics used are all so different and it will be so pretty when it is all put together.


I also joined a round robin quilt group where we each did the middle section of our quilt in the theme we wanted and then it was passed on to everyone else in the group where they added to it. Once your quilt made it back to you, the top is finished and you just need to quilt it. I have not yet quilted mine but you can see the top. I had a Paris theme.






However, I love to look at the crafts that others do. Tell me what other crafts you engage in besides cross stitch. I love to see pictures!

8 comments:

  1. LOL .. I'm taking a Tuffett class at a local quilt shop in November!!! Just got my pattern last week! I'm thinking of doing mine in Halloween prints and getting a big fat stuffed spider to sit on it ... Little Miss Muffet and her spider ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to take the class so I think I am just going to have to save up and do it. It will look great in Halloween prints.

      Delete
  2. oh ... and I'm interested in the Quilt Round Robin!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will let you know when they start a sign up for another one. Or we could maybe start one? It was alot of fun.

      Delete
  3. So far I've avoided the tuffets too. LOL

    I'm a stingy quilter (and stitcher too). While I do make quilts for other people, they don't know it's going to happen. I hate deadlines, which is why I no longer participate in round robins.

    Your Paris quilt is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terri-I am the same way about the deadlines, it makes me anxious and I hate feeling that rush to get something completed. I really need to learn how to do the tuffets though.

      Delete
  4. Those tuffets are great! Sewing is not really my thing. I do scrapbook a lot of my smaller finishes and you can see my pages here:
    http://comehappydancewithme.blogspot.co.uk/p/scrapbook-pages.html

    ReplyDelete