Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Mary Ellen's Flosstube Tag

I had decided to search for some of the flosstube tags to put on my blog since I am not doing videos for flosstube. I came across a blog that listed several and I thought this would be a good, informative one to do.



What is your favorite floss color? I like pinks and purples. There isn't one specific color that is my favorite.

Which artwork or picture that isn't an official pattern would you love to stitch or become available? The covers for the Wheel of Time book series.

What is a piece you would love to stitch? Why haven't you stitched it?
I want to complete the large Sistine Chapel piece that was designed by Joanna Lopianowski-Roberts. I have started this piece but have very little completed.

If money wasn't an object, what piece would you stitch? I would love to have several of the Chatelaine patterns all kitted up and ready to go. I currently have one that is ready to start and it took me a few months to get all the required parts.

What is your most loved piece that you have stitched? Do you have any pieces that you hated stitching? Right now I would say Old Glory by Rosewood Manor. I am almost finished with it and is the largest piece I have done to date. I have a wedding sampler that is not finished and I don't think it ever will be. It is a wreath of flowers and you put the couple's info in the middle. I fell in love with the piece about 20ish years ago but it is no longer my taste. I originally started the piece for a couple that was to get married and then the broke up. I then decided to finish for another couple that was to marry and they never married, so I feel like it just needs to be thrown away.

What is your most wanted pattern? London Gardens by Chatelaine.

What is your favorite subject to stitch? I don't have one subject that is really my favorite but this past year I have been on a Patriotic pattern kick. I like a variety of designers and they are all unique.

What piece would you love to see HAED produce? I don't think there is a certain one that I can think of. HAED has such a good variety of subjects now.

What artist would you like HAED to collaborate with? I don't really follow specific artists and not sure who I would suggest for HAED to collaborate with. I think they do a great job of offering a variety of artists and styles now and think they will continue that.

Who is your favorite artist or designer? Mirabilia, Teresa Wentzler, Thea Gouverneur, Chatelaine, Aimee Stewart, AuryTM

If given the opportunity to design a piece and have it published, what would the subject be, what would it be called, what would the style be, and who would publish it? I love literature and think that I would like something literary related. I am not sure of the details as I am more of someone that likes to stitch and not be the designer.

Where is your favorite place to stitch? Living room in my house or anywhere with other stitchers where we can share our work and great conversation.

Who are your favorite Flosstubers to watch? The Eskimo's Wife, Stitcherista, The Stash Queen, thelovelyarray

If given the opportunity, which Flosstuber would you like to meet the most? I have met the Eskimo's Wife and we have become great friends. I would love to meet Stitcherista-she seems like great fun.

What is one piece of advice you have for other stitchers or Flosstubers? Be proud of your work and your videos. Do not apologize for little mishaps when doing your video, I love to see you as you and your excitement about your pieces and there is no need to be perfect.

What do you use to record videos with? I have not yet ventured into videos.

Who do you like stitching for? What do you enjoy making the most? I like stitching for myself. I did stitch gifts for others when I first started stitching many years ago. I like to make ornaments, although I do not think I am very good at finishing.

What is your favorite place to buy supplies? I buy quite a bit from 123 stitch and Katrina at CrossedThreads. I usually purchase fabric from Leslie at Under the Sea Fabrics.

What are your favorite websites for stitching? I read a variety of stitch blogs. The Twisted Stitcher is one of my favorites.

Do people know you make videos? I haven't yet started making videos for flosstube. I think that only my stitch friends know that I have a blog.

What type of weather do you find most relaxing to stitch during or what is your favorite weather to stitch during? Fall and winter. I stitch all year but in the fall and winter it just seems like the world slows down a bit and you can sit and enjoy without worrying about things that need to be done outside around the house.

If you organize your floss, do you organize by number or color? It is organized by number in the boxes. However, if it is kitted with a project, it is just on a bobbin and in the ziploc bag with all required items.

What is your most coveted stitch related item? I love qsnaps and my floor stand. However, I have an item coming in a few months that I think will be my favorite. I will share once it arrives.

Which movie, TV show, book, video game would you most love to stitch? The Wheel of Time series covers.

If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be and why? Bora Bora or Tahiti I want to stay in those awesome huts over the water and float around in the clear water.

What is your favorite traveled to location? London, England

Do you have any special talents?
I play the flute or rather I did many years ago.
I think I am a good listener.

Name 5-10 random facts about yourself that your subscribers may not know about you?
I am addicted to chapstick.
When I shop for groceries, I can never select the first item on the shelf, it has to be one that is two or three behind the first item.
I like to annoy my husband by singing opera. No, I can't really sing opera but I love my version of it.
This question is hard for me so if any of you know me and can think of something I should add, please put in the comments.


What are your most prized possessions (stitch related or non stitch related)?
My entire stitchy stash.
My book collection-I have several that are autographed.

2 comments:

  1. Great post! I enjoyed reading your answers. I can't wait to read about what you are getting in the mail. :) Happy Stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have some haul that has been ordered so should have some to post in the next couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete