Monday, October 17, 2016

Weekend Fun

I have lots to tell you and show you from my weekend. I will forewarn you that this will be a long post and quite heavy with pictures but you know you want to see it all!

I took off work on Thursday and Friday and my fantastic friend Denita came to visit. On Thursday we went to Glendale, this cute little town that isn't far from me, for food and shopping. There are several antique/vintage stores and we looked through a few of them while we waited to be seated for lunch. We had lunch at the Whistle Stop and were so stuffed afterwards that we had trouble making our way back to the car.



After lunch, we had hours of fun stitching and then of course, we ate again later.

On Friday, we had tickets to go see Jenny Doan of the Missouri Star Quilt Company. There was a quilt shop hop all set up at the Paroquet Conference Center in Shepherdsville and she came to speak. They had four different times scheduled to see her and they all sold out! She told about how the store was started and the roles that all the members of her family play in the business. Then, along with help from her husband, Jenny displayed a variety of quilt blocks and how to change them around to make different patterns. She had a quilt to show for each pattern as well. She was very funny and it was well worth taking the time to go.




I met my friend Denita at a stitch retreat in Nashville a year ago in August and in addition to retreats, we decided to get together a few extra times a year and each time we eat, stitch, shop, and exchange a goodie bag with each other. I can't wait for you to see all of the goodies I received this weekend.

It was all arranged in this cute basket.


Now for the individual items!

The Pioneer Woman goodies



Yummy goodies to use with my new Pioneer Woman mug. I have to say that my husband started trying to raid these goodies.



Calico Sampler #1 There are about 9 of these I think but this first one gets me started.



Quaker Gameboard by Papillion Creations.




The White House-This will be perfect to fit in on my Patriotic Wall.




Fabric from Hand Dyed Fabrics by Stephanie




The Sampler Ornament by The Posy Collection




Paris Book-I love Paris motifs and can't wait to stitch every one of these landmarks




Qsnap Cover and Matching needleminder by StormbornBoutique



Needleminders



Frogger and Counting Pins by The Cole Collection




Stitching Lady-My friend had one and I loved it. It came with a black stand to sit her on.



Heirloom Collection Kit-This is absolutely gorgeous and I can't wait to start it.




Christmas Elegance by Mirabilia



I love books just like I love my cross stitch, so three books were included in my basket and they all sound so good.











I hope you have enjoyed my post and all the new haul I received in my gift basket.

2 comments:

  1. What a fabulous goodie basket you received from your friend! It sounds like you had a fabulous weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is the best stitchy friend and spoils me!

      Delete