Monday, August 14, 2017

Weekly Stitching

I must say Monday morning came too quickly for me today. I am having some coffee as I write this in hopes that it will kick me into gear for the day. It is starting to rain a bit and just makes me want to stay in bed. I hope that everyone had a great weekend filled with lots of stitching.

I didn't work on Henry VIII-HAED at all this past week but I will get back to him this week with my allotted one hour a day. I have missed him and although the point I am at right now is all part of the background, I want to stitch away so I can get to the good stuff and start to see Henry appear.

Florin-Ink Circles

A friend kitted this up for me and gifted to me and the thread she chose was not what was called for but it is gorgeous. One of the threads is a variegated with blue, purples and white mixed. You will be able to see that one in the picture.



Let Freedom Ring-Lila's Studio

I had been waiting on the specialty thread on this project and it came in so I was able to make some good progress.



Laura Plantation-Leslie Wristers

I had been waiting on the specialty thread for this project as well, and it came this week. I think this project will be so pretty when completed. The picture just does not show how nice it looks stitched.


New England Schoolgirl Sampler-Theron Traditions

I am in love with this project.




I only received the specialty threads this week for the two projects that I worked on. I do have a little bit of haul coming and will post that as soon as it is delivered.
I am still contemplating my rotation and how many wips I have and making it all work to get some finishes. So, this week, my question to you is, how many wips do you currently have?

7 comments:

  1. It's rained in my neck of the woods, too. Goodness, your stitching is so pretty. Your projects are all coming along nicely. I bought all the dmc threads to make the project on my blog...and then, as fate would have it, a skein of yarn mysteriously just fell into my buggy....and when I got home....said yarn, somehow met up with my knitting needles and the two of them were off and running....I think I see a cowl or scarf in the making....not sure yet, it's just one skein of a blue, purple, green sort of thing....reminds me of the breach for some odd reason. Anywho...I look forward to your next update. Wishing you a lovely day...Happy Stitching. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your compliment on my stitching. Isn't it horrible how that yarn just jumps and goes along for the ride?

      Delete
    2. Sometimes, cross stitch supplies do that, too. :)

      Delete
  2. It looks like you made some nice progress on the pieces you featured, Laura. I like the variety that you have going. In answer to your question, I don't have any WIPs in the pile at the moment. I stitch mostly smalls and ornaments with a medium to medium large piece tossed in periodically.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am adding in some ornaments this year to help break it up and feel the excitement of a finish since it take awhile with the larger projects.

      Delete
  3. I sure admire you all that can stitch the larger projects & stick with them. They're so stunning when finished!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have always been attracted to the larger ones.

      Delete