Thursday, September 1, 2016

Rotation of Projects

I am sure everyone rotates their projects in some way as I don't think I know one person that only stitches one project at a time. However, I don't think most are using a defined rotation, it just seems to be what project jumps out at you at the moment. This is the current rotation that I use on my projects and although I tend to work on BAPS and it takes longer to get a finish, I just feel that a set rotation would help me get more finishes and in a quicker amount of time. I have searched online and watched flosstube videos to try and get some ideas of how I should set mine up. I am in awe of the rotation that Katy, The Stash Queen has set up, but due to working full time, I don't have the hours in the day to stitch on as many as she does. So far, this is what I am currently thinking I will do:

I have joined a group called Stitching George Washington (More info to come once this starts) and the projects will be mailed out to the stitchers in the next month or two. Based on the stitch count of my panel, I will have to stitch around 150 stitches a day to finish the project in the allotted five year time limit. So once this is received, I am planning on stitching 200 stitches a day on this project.

I am hoping that I can then stitch one hour each on two other wips each day.

With this rotation, I will be able to keep up and be a little ahead on Stitching George and then I can work on 14 wips each week. I know that I will be able to stitch longer or add a couple more projects on the weekends. I work full time and I am not sure that I will be able to get three hours of stitching during the week but I am going to try hard to make it work.

Now, here is where I need your opinions. What do you think of this plan? Would you suggest working the required time on George, then one wip that is different every day for an hour, and then a focus for a finish wip an hour every day until it is done? Or do you have an idea that would just blow mine away? I would love to know what kind of rotation you use.

3 comments:

  1. I have 15 pieces that I am rotating. I rotate each day and it seems to work for me. I have several series in my rotations and have finished 32 items so far in 2016. I have a couple of pieces that are not fun but with the rotation I will get them finished one day. I do have a blog that I update weekly with my WIPs progress and the ones I have completed. Would love to have you check my blog out; joycesloveoflife.blogspot.com
    I have just discovered your blog and have become a follower. I find it fun to see what other stitchers are doing.
    Have a great September.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joyce-Thanks so much for sharing your rotation with me and becoming a follower. I love blogs and seeing what other stitchers are doing. I am going to go check yours out and follow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many years ago, before she shut down her page, Shakespeare's Peddler had a rotation plan. That's where I learned to rotate every 10 hours. I tried weekly, one project M-F and another Sat/Sun, Goal Based, etc. but always came back to 10 hours. I don't know why I got away from it, but since I started the WIP Challenge I went back to it. Right now I'm focusing on my And They Sinned because my framer is going out of business and I want that 5foot long piece finished and framed before he closes. LOL

    ReplyDelete