Thursday, September 1, 2016

Stitch Gifts

I went to my first cross stitch retreat in August 2015 in Nashville and I met a fantastic group of ladies. I really hit it off with one of the stitchers and we have become great friends and have attended a few other retreats together, as well as, meeting up for our own stitching weekends. At many of the retreats there is a mystery box exchange and for the Nashville retreat in August 2016, we decided to just exchange a box with each other instead of participating in the group exchange. So, I wanted to show off my goodies as she was VERY good to me.

I have wanted this pattern for a good while and beyond excited to get it.





Victorian Motto Sampler Threads




I am a big Wizard of Oz fan. I already had two of this set from Brooke's Books, but she added two more to my collection plus the yellow brick road fabric for backing. I haven't quite decided but I think I am going to stitch them all in a row and make them into a long pillow.





I think I will be using the Victorian Motto Sampler threads on this piece.





The cutest little bag and the melts with Bookstore scent inside. I did not have a melter so I have ordered one from Scentsy and it should be in any day. I can't wait to try them out as the smell with them still in the package is amazing.




I am an Americana kick this year with my stitching and this is a great one to add to my collection.



Aren't these the cutest scissors you have ever seen?




One of a kind needle minders. LOVE! In the last year I have developed a hoarder's, I mean collector's attitude towards needle minders. Another post just for those is forthcoming.




A gorgeous coffee mug. It is too pretty to use and I think I will have to use it in my stitch area as decoration. I have seen this pattern and I am going to have to find it to stitch. I took both sides of the mug as I couldn't get a good one of the whole thing.






Gorgeous edition of this book and the page ends are all in red.




We decided to stitch something for each other and this is what I received. Her stitching is some of the prettiest I have ever seen and I am beyond thrilled with this. She framed it herself and this was her first attempt at threading and it is just perfect.


3 comments:

  1. What a fabulous exchange box you received from your friend! Enjoy all your goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had so much fun putting it all together for you! I love our exchanges. :0)

    ReplyDelete